CarPort ForumCarPort Forum

Cable Compatibility...

alexVAG

Hellow,

I have a FTDI-based USB OBD2 cable, which I bought to use with BMW INPA software and my MINI R56. It works brilliantly with the BMW software, but I am wondering whether it would work with your program and VAG cars. We have an Audi A5 and a VW Beetle 2012, in addition to the MINI. I would expect that since all cars are 2007+ models, should be fully OBD2 compatible. Will this cable work?

It is a so-called K+DCAN cable exactly like the one here:ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive

I opened it once and had a look inside: it has a FTDI chip for USB2Serial conversion and an ATMEL ATmega162 8-bit microprocessor (plus another ATMEL chip but dont remember it exacly). All BMW EDIABAS-based software works with the cable, including diagnostics, coding and programming.