CarPort ForumCarPort Forum

Shipments to the USA

perrya

If your product is software only, then, I think the website is very misleading. You offer the software free to download and then show photos of various connectors with the "buy" option button. I thought I was getting the connector 4000B for OBD2+Can plus the basic software. So, what I paid for was the Basic software and not the free software? Is the only difference between the two is that one has a "key" to unlock the free version so you can remove DTCs? Why don't you make this clear on the website and why do you show photos of connectors then, if you do not sell them?

1. There is no single buy option button on the hardware page at all. The title is "supported Diagnostic Hardware". The pictures should make it easy to identify your diagnostic hardware and see if it is supported.

2. The description on the "Buy" page states:

--------------------------------------

Basic-Module KKL

Manufacturer specific Car Diagnostics for Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda over K-Line

Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes

Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes

Read Freeze-Frame Data

Display all Measuring Blocks

Data-Recording of Measuring Values (CSV-Format)

Autoscan

Basic-Module CAN

Manufacturer specific Car Diagnostics for Volkswagen,Audi, Seat, Skoda over CAN-Bus

Read Freeze-Frame Data

Autoscan

Basic-Module OBD2

Manufacturer independent OBD2-Diagnose

Read Freeze-Frame Data

• 5 months later...

I was going through all of the features of the software and one being be able to change the values on the speedo cluster. I have tried putting any value in, even the existing value but it keeps coming up with an error. Am I doing something wrong or does this feature not working correctly yes. Any help will be appreciated. It is the cluster section, adaption. Please reply in english.

• 2 months later...

I thought I was getting the connector 4000B for OBD2+Can plus the basic software. So, what I paid for was the Basic software and not the free software? Is the only difference between the two is that one has a "key" to unlock the free version so you can remove DTCs? Why don't you make this clear on the website and why do you show photos of connectors then, if you do not sell them?

Hello blockrose,

currently we only sell software for car diagostics (CarPort). On the hardware-page, it says "supported diagnostic hardware"; we are listing all interfaces that are compatible with CarPort.

If you purchase a CarPort-license you get the following additional features:

- clear DTCs

- display Freeze Frame Data

- display all measuring blocks

- record measuring blocks into a csv-file

- create a diagnostic report

Regards

Jens

what I paid for was the Basic software and not the free software? Is the only difference between the two is that one has a "key" to unlock the free version so you can remove DTCs? Why don't you make this clear on the website and why do you show photos of connectors then, if you do not sell them?

On the Buy-Page is a section "Features of the Basic-Module", which lists all the features of the offered Basic-Modules.

Since you need a diagnostic interface to use CarPort, we have a list, that shows the compatible diagnostic interfaces. The photos make it easier, to identify the interfaces.